<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Minzhuang Road 

Sunday morning. Sunday I usually take the bus down Minzhuang Road and change busses at Xiaotun to take the bus that goes down to Haidian Church. Right now, the area where I live is just inconvenient enough to keep the masses from moving out from the city. But the back way down Minzhuang Road is not bad, because it's a four lane road that doesn't get that much traffic. The subway is supposed to be coming out to Fragrant Hills soon, and that's going to change things considerably. I don't think it will be a direct run--it's proposed as an extension off of Line 10, I believe. But it is still destined to make living out here a lot easier for commuters. I'm not looking forward to it.

A few days ago I was walking by the location of a local Chinese restaurant and noticed that the place was all torn apart and being rebuilt. I asked one of the workmen what it was going to be. His answer: McDonald's. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it's jut one more sign of the gradual but seemingly unstoppable urbanization of this place. What am I going to do? Move over the next ridge? I don't know. The village I live in right now is very close to the bus yard, so I don't need to own a vehicle to live out in these parts. That's pretty handy. But I am afraid it's going to be a little too handy before long. Time will tell.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?