<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Super Bowl, Beijing Style 

Watching the Super Bowl in Beijing gives the idea of "Monday morning quarterbacking" a new twist. The show starts at 7 o'clock Monday morning. In America, we would say, "the Monday after the Super Bowl," but in Beijing it is the Monday of the Super Bowl. It's a live feed. I'm watching it the same time as you are. Except that it's Monday morning here, because of the time change. I live in the University district in the upper west side, so it is a long subway ride down to the CBD (central business district). So I don't always go to a Super Bowl party. One of the Chinese sports channels broadcasts it (with comment in very fast Chinese), and I can follow the play by play on my computer. But this year the Bookworm decided to have a Super Bowl event. Last year I went to the Super Bowl party at Paddy O'Shea's. I left early and stopped by the Bookworm, which I usually do anyway after the Super Bowl, because it is in the same area. To my surprise, they were watching the Super Bowl. The owner told me it was just a thing he was doing with a few friends. I told him he should have a Super Bowl event, and this year they decided to do it. I like this environment much better than a noisy bar.

Comments

Labels:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?