<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Friday, December 03, 2004

Robert saw my new bicycle this evening, "You're renting, my friend, renting." I'm afraid he's right. I had the same thought. This bicycle cost me 320 RMB. That's a little less than $40 US. That's not bad, but I don't want to pay that much every month. If I can manage to hold on to this thing for three months, then my monthly
lease payment is about 100 RMB. Maybe I can deal with that. Robert saw the lock on the front of my bicycle and told me a thief could cut through it in two minutes. I showed him my other heavy duty lock. "Well, that one would take five minutes." Hmmm..I have a two-minute lock and a five-minute lock. That gives me seven minutes. Once a thief decides that it is worth taking, that is not a very long period of time to gamble with. Actually, I did get a nasty scratch on my bike today, which is good, but not good enough. This thing just looks way too new.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?