<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Well, it has started. I think it must be the red cap. I got it when I was working for a trucking company in Fargo. I put it on today because I have had a cold.

"Santa Clause, we want our presents!" I said, "You need to be patient, and wait for Christmas. And I hope your chimney is big enough for my da duzi!. One of them said, "OK, we'll leave some milk and cookies for you!" Hmmm...wonder where she heard that one.

I don't usually hear that. People in China usually tell me that I look like Marx. Especially the young people at the English corner, "Hi Marx!"

The coffee bar has an unusual arrangement. It is situated on the second and third floors. But they never bring your bill to you. You go to the cash register and they charge you there for what you ordered. If you are on the third floor, the staff on the third floor have walkie-talkies which they use to tell the cashier what you ordered when you leave. The other day, the fuyuan who works the cash register on the second floor told me what they said to her, "Marx is on his way down, and he had black coffee and a chocolate muffin."

So there you have it, folks. I am living proof that Santa Clause is just Marx with a red cap.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?