<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Birthday party today...There were three of us with birthdays in proximity, so we had them together. I told them I would buy the groceries if they would do the cooking. I thought that was only fair that I should pay for it, since I always "white eat." I am not a cook. I took Joy and Cathy to the Wudaokou Market, gave them some money, and then disappeared. I knew the prices would be higher if I were there. We really did have a pretty good meal.

Hard to believe I am 51 years old. I think there's supposed to be some kind of internal clock inside of you that kinda lets you know what age you are. Mine must have stopped when I was about 10. I don't feel old. I get the shock of my life every time I look in the mirror. But after all, who really cares about that part of it? If you allow yourself to worry about looking old, you are begging for frustration. Every one is going to look old at some point. I really don't mind looking old. But I definitely don't look forward to feeling old. I found that out when I hurt my back. So far in my life, I have had pretty good health, and I suppose I have taken it for granted. Listen to me--if you have good health, you need to be thankful for it. Take care of your health. And I guess I have to follow my own advice. Hurting my back brought me to the realization that I am going to have to start acting like I am 51 years old even if I don't feel like it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?