<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Well, the little birdie flew away. I left for about an hour, and when I came back, it was gone. I think the poor birdie just needed to have some time to think about how to get out of my apartment. I tried to show him, but he was too traumatized to listen. All's well that ends well.

In other news, I finally got my ATM card back today. The ATM machine near my apartment ate it a week ago. I think it was my fault this time. I probably just forgot to retrieve it. Anyway, I went immediately to the bank where I do business. My intent was to have my card shut off, but when I told them where it had happened, they told me that the machine in question didn't belong to their bank, so I had to go to that bank. I knew that, of course, but I thought...never mind. I did what I was told. The folks at the other bank were really nice; they told me to come back in a week. I wasn't really too worried about it, because I couldn't imagine anyone guessing a six-digit pin, but it does seem that it should have been shut off anyway just in case. Maybe it's a communication thing. Very few bank workers speak even a modicum of English, and my Mandarin is still pretty limited. But I got the card back, and that's the main thing.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?