<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Yesterday Claire and I took the subway over to the east side of town to visit a foster care home run by a couple of sisters who really love Jesus and really love Children. There are lots and lots of handicapped children in China, largely because of a lack of early intervention in childhood handicaps. I don't like institutions, but this one is one of the most cheery I have ever seen. And the kids really seemed pretty happy. I have thought a lot about adoption, but I don't know if I could adopt a handicapped child. Even adopting a normal child is a big job for a single person, but it is legal. I just don't know. I wish there was more I could do about the orphan problem in China. I just can't help all of them. But maybe, just maybe I can help one. Think how different this world would be if every Christian family adopted one child.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?