<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Monday, September 15, 2008

Been doing some reading on Mongolian horses. I guess the Mongolian horses are generally allowed to determine their own gait. That would explain a couple disagreements I had with the horse I was riding. I felt that it should be my decision, but the horse saw it differently. And the saddle. It would definitely take awhile to get used to it.

I still don't have an explanation for the extreme roughness of the ride, though. The owner of the guest house suggested that it might be a matter of training. He said his horse wasn't that bad. I don't know about that. It's possible. Could just be a matter of getting used to the unusual gait of the Mongolian horse, and a saddle that is quite restricting. I saw lots of guys riding those horses and doing quite well. I definitely want to go back. Mongolian horses are much different from what I am used to, but they are good horses. Small, but very strong for their size. I guess they'd have to be; the great Mongol hordes conquered Asia on them.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?