<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Monday, October 13, 2008

Picked up a used book today from a street merchant. NAPOLEON The Myth of the Savior. Obviously, it's a biography of Napoleon. I'm a little weak on my French history; it hasn't really been my main focus of interest recently. But perhaps if I read this book, I can start War and Peace again and make sense of it. Sometimes it helps to view a great conflict from the other side. I recently read the biography of Alexander II (grandson of the Czar Alexander I, who plays such a prominent role in Tolstoy's great novel). If I get a little better background on the "Little Colonel," I might be ready to go back and make a stab at Tolstoy. (That was intended as a completely non-violent expression.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?