<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nancha Spring Festival 



Before the Spring Festival Holiday, Christine had asked me if I could make a video for James and his classmates about Chinese New Year. At first, I had intended to do the job myself, and I brought my camera to the Haidian Church Chinese New Year dinner. But my 4GB memory card went bad on me and I lost everything. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because I was planning to take a trip to my student's home town, and I figured she would be a much better presenter than me. Plus if I did it myself, I would have to find someone else to run the camera, and you know how that goes. Anyway, I think you will agree that Sunshine was the best person for the job.

I should note that the video actually starts in Beijing, with a view of the fireworks on New Year's Eve (which happened to be on January 25th this year) taken first from the back window, and then from front window of the Bridge Cafe in Wudaokou, near my home, and than picks up in the town of Nancha up in Heilongjiang Province near the Russian border.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?