<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another one bites the dust. 

The new Bridge Cafe shut down. I haven't seen Brian or Nell, so I don't know what the deal is, but I suspect that the landlord got greedy and raised the lease. Wouldn't surprise me. I'm going to miss that place.

Click for larger image.
It's been open less than a year. It won't affect me that much this semester, because I have been hanging out with the cats in the coffee bar at the foot of the mountain. But next semester, I will be back at Beihang again, so I'm really going to feel it. There will always be places, of course. The old Bridge Cafe isn't going anywhere (I hope!), and there are new ones opening now and then. Still, they had a nice operation there in a pleasant, cheerful environment. It's a loss. Not quite as bad as when my favorite Japanese restaurant left town, because, as I said, there are plenty of coffee bars around. But this one really was pretty nice. And not quite as crowded as some of the others (which may have been part of the problem).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?