<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Monday, December 07, 2009

All I Want for Christmas is My One Front Tooth 

Broke my tooth last night. My two front teeth were root canaled when I was in college. They have done pretty well over the years, but recently, the left one has started to come apart. I should have crowned it as soon as I saw it happening, but I was putting it off--hoping to make it last until a more opportune time. Sunday evening, I foolishly bit down on something hard with my front tooth, and it gave way. Hopefully the root is still intact, so that I will be able to crown it. My dentist's phone number was in my cell phone that got fried at the Portland airport, but fortunately I had given it to a friend who was looking for a dentist, so I was able to get it back.

My dentist at the Air Force hospital is pretty good, but he doesn't speak any English. In the past I have always brought someone with me, but I really didn't know who I could bring this time, and that's probably a good thing. I have been in this country for almost six years. It's time to sink or swim.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?