<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fragrant Hills 

Charley and James and I went out the Fragrant Hills this afternoon to look at a place. I had called Mary earlier to see if she knew of any place close to her. I first checked into this last spring when I was living out there part time. At that time, I was looking at places like the one Mary and her husband live in. This evening, we went to another place run by her landlord that contains very small apartments. It's tiny, but the location is good.

Afterward, we were having dinner, and James mentioned that his roommate was leaving at the end of the week. He told me I could move in with him if I wanted to. James lives down by Jinsong, the southern terminus of Line 10. Six years ago, when I first came to China, the idea of living that far south and having to be in Wudaokou on the upper west side for an eight o'clock class would have been out of the question. But Line 10 changed all that. It's an interesting idea.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?