<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Friday, February 26, 2010

Got back from shanghai yesterday. I am supposed to be out of my apartment in a couple days, but I haven't figured out where I am going to move yet.

This evening, I got a call from Jean. She asked what I was up to, and I told her that I was packing up to move. She asked me where I was moving to, and I told her I didn't know.

When the floor lady left this evening, she told me that she was going to be off the next couple days. At first I wondered why she told me that...she is always gone on Saturday and Sunday. Then it dawned on me that she was telling me that because she assumed that I would be moving out over the weekend. I put her fears to rest.

Moving. I hate moving. But for me, it is pretty much a fact of life. It should be easy. I came here six years ago with one large suitcase, and John's army bag, both pocked and marked by the airline as "heavy." But that was it. Well, that and my old Toshiba laptop. Now? A few more clothes--that's understandable, I guess. The large quilt I bought from a lady up in the mountains of Shanxi Province--clumsy, but very necessary once I leave the foreign teachers' dormitory, because that kind of thing is not supplied when you rent. Cooking utensils--I didn't have that when I came. But it isn't that much, really. Just a box or two. But the ten boxes of books. Where did they come from? What I have now definitely could not be put in two suitcases. Amazing how much junk one can accumulate in six years!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?