<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Friday, July 23, 2010

On to Oregon 

I am on my way to Oregon. I went to the greyhound bus station yesterday to buy a ticket in advance, since the bus stop is not too far from the youth hostel. But I discovered that I could get a 12 dollar discount if I bought it online. It has been some time since I have ridden a greyhound bus. The advantage of greyhound is that you can buy a ticket at the last minute for a very low cost. Since I was not sure how long it would take to get my visa taken care of, I did not purchase a plane ticket in advance for the trip from San Francisco to Portland.

I have to say, Greyhound has improved considerably since the last time I took it. I boarded a new bus in San Francisco, and changed to another new bus in Sacramento. Greyhound has certainly improved their equipment since the last time I took a Greyhound bus. Maybe the cost of fuel has caused more people to think twice about driving.

I think I'd still rather fly, but since I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get my visa, I hesitated to buy a cheap ticket (which couldn't be refunded).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?