<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Monday, September 13, 2010

Books. Funny how they just sort of tend to increase. Beijing doesn't have an abundance of used bookstores, especially for English language books. But there are a few, and new books are often quite cheap. I don't know...somehow they gather. Before I came to Beijing, I was worried that I would not be able to get books, but I have not had any problem. I went through these the other day, but I couldn't manage to find more than a couple that I was quite sure I would never need. Every time I move, I end up selling or giving away lots of books. But as time goes on, the number of books I am not quite ready to part with also tends to go up.

Now the current rage is e-books, and the much of the discussion is how they will replace traditional paper books. I am skeptical, but I have to say, I wouldn't mind seeing it move in that direction at least a little. I don't like reading online, though. The Internet is a great source for books, but I tend to print them out one chapter at a time and read them at the coffee bar or something. I rather think books will be my curse for sometime to come.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?