<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Friday, May 20, 2011

CBD Bible Study 

Started a new Bible Study in Guomao recently. As luck would have it, there was an artist in the crowd. Not sure it quite does me justice, but I was amused.

Ever since I have come to Beijing I have seen a pattern that concerns me somewhat. Young people who go to University in the university district (Haidian) move to the Central Business District after they graduate. They always tell me that they are going to keep coming back to Haidian Church every Sunday, but all to often, they just disappear. So I decided to have a Bible study in that area two times a month. It helps me to see people on a regular basis that I don't usually see very often. Professional people in Beijing are very often quite fluent in English--several of these folks work for international companies. But due to the religious restrictions in China, there are only about "Three Self (registered)" churches in Beijing. But there are probably several thousand family churches. But these churches are all Chinese, and many young professional would prefer to have something in English. There are quite a number of those kinds of Bible studies in China these days, but most of them are on or near university campuses.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?