<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Vision 

January. A new year. The first thing that happens to me at a time like this is to think back to where I was a year ago. My focus then was to find some way to get to the Middle East. I didn't have a job a year ago, and I thought perhaps I might be able to get some kind of work in Dubai or something. I don't know. I was brain storming, but I never really did come up with anything definite. Perhaps that's good, because a job in the Middle East would have addressed one side of my (spiritual) double vision but not the other. Speaking of double vision, it seems to be getting a lot better. I noticed when I was riding the bus today and looking out the window, that some things looked double. But maybe that's not so unusual because of the motion. Most things look normal now. The mega-doses of B vitamins they've been giving me seem to be doing the trick.

But we're still working on the spiritual double vision. What I mean is that I have a vision that has two aspects, neither one of which can happen without the other. I have a burden for the children of Afghanistan. Two million children with no education. Things are getting better, but there are still a lot of kids in the streets. So there is definitely a need for the kind of thing I want to do. But I also have a burden for the young people of China, who are very well educated, and willing to serve, but who have no facility for missions. Chinese churches don't do missions. Strictly speaking, NGO's (Non Government Organizations) are illegal in China, so when people in China want to do charity work, they need to either set up a for-profit company, or they operate illegally. I don't want to do either, so I am in the process of finding some way to operate outside of China, which is the right thing to do anyway, because we are not going to be doing any projects in China.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?