<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Dimming of the Eyes 

Jackey was trying out his new iPhone this evening at our Saturday night Bible study in Three Dollar Bridge when he caught me using my magnifying glass. I'm really not that blind. As a matter of fact, for me, a magnifying glass is as much about magnifying light as it is about making the letters look bigger. I don't usually have trouble reading as long as the light is bright. I'm beginning to understand what the Bible is referring to when it talks about the dimming of the eyes (Ecclesiastes 12:3). When I first got glasses, I could read with my glasses on or off. It didn't seem to matter, which means that since I am near-sighted, I probably should have just left my glasses off when I was reading. But in recent years, the difference has become quite noticeable. I can still read easily with my glasses off, but if I keep them on, everything is fuzzy. Birthdays, you know. Not complaining--I have been really fortunate to have good vision as long as I am wearing glasses.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?