<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Thursday, April 05, 2012

My alarm clock busted. Well, sorta. I have been using the task scheduler to open a link to an Internet radio station every morning at 5 am. But they changed their system. Now, when you click on the live link, it doesn't open up Windows Media Player; it opens their own player. So the old .asx files I had downloaded didn't work anymore. I looked at the source code for their new web-based player, found the new link, installed the new Windows 7 codecs so my system could read the new files, then edited the old .asx files and put in the new links. I don't know if that's the standard approach, but it worked. At least until the next time they update their technology without telling me. Apparently one obscure listener in China who wants to use their station to wake up in the morning is not their primary concern.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?