<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Reflections on a Wandering Life.....

Friday, April 19, 2013

The Races 




I watched a couple races at the field today. Here's a group of my freshman English majors running the girls 2400 meter. I was interested to see how they tended to stick together as one group. Toward the end of the race, they were running along toward the finish line, when they suddenly stopped in the middle of the track. I had never seen anything like this before, so I went over and asked why they had stopped just before the finish line. They explained that one of their group had fallen behind, and they wanted to wait for her to catch up so that they could all come in together. This is China. Being together is much more important than winning. Actually, in this kind of competition, completing is winning. There are no loosers. The whole group together makes sure of that.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?